Davidson Hotels & Resorts - It's a great culture, nice people!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

"It's a great culture, nice people!!"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity to learn in this company. There is room for advancement and they promote from within. There is structure that include strict policies and procedures. It's still a small company even though it is a larger company, so you get to know corporate and build a relationship with them.

Cons

The technology is an issue, the networks and computers are slow and there are a lot of forms used to track systems, both pro and con.

Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

1. "Not too sad to leave"

Pros

I very much enjoyed the people I worked with (as people...not necessarily as co-workers you have to rely on)

Cons

Corporate doesn't seem to care about their property employees. They expect a lot but give little tools and resources to accomplish these things. People are not held responsible what so ever but then they let the good ones go instead of trying to keep them within the company. I met a lot of great people here but wasn't upset to leave the company.

Advice to Management

Listen to your property employees. The same thing can be said year after year on TMOS surveys and nothing is done about it...barely even acknowledged.

"Lack of concern for employees overshadows great properties."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

Great benefits are offered to all employees. The property I worked on was beautiful and well revered in the city.

Cons

Lack of training, concern, and communication leaves employees feeling put out or terminated when things do go as planned. Decisions are made with no input or concern for employees who are the ones that implement those decisions. I am very disappointed after giving my best and was not shown any concern for my complaints of hostile work environment. Long time employees are protected even in potentially liable situations.

Advice to Management

Do you know your employees? Do you care to? If you notice behavior you don't condone, take some time to find out why? Maybe there is an easy solution that the ones you are using now. You probably have some great people on your team and if you don't recognize value and give people an outlet to communicate you will not have an opportunity to make the most of all you have. After reviewing the core values daily during employment, I feel like it was just words. You do not live your core values.

Davidson Hotels & Resorts Response

Mar 13, 2014 – Director of Recruiting

Thank you for feedback. At Davidson Hotels and Resorts we celebrate our Team Members as our most important asset, essential to our success. We strive to provide a positive and inspiring workplace... More