Davidson Hotels & Resorts - Pure Hell | Glassdoor

"Pure Hell"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part was giving my two weeks, then having 70% of my coworkers ask if my new job was hiring.

Cons

After over 8 years in the hospitality industry and working at all 4 diamond properties I was extremely disappointed in the lack of integrity and quality service offered by Davidson hotels, they had had a lot of empty premises.
I had worked at this property for several years when they sold, we were told that there wouldn't be a noticeable change and that the customers wouldn't know the difference, this proved to be false.

We had paperwork to fill out just to submit other papers, the management only cared about unreasonable expectations and rarely listened to employees opinions or what the guest wanted, they cut hours due to "low sales" and expedited 8 hours of work to be done in 4 often while covering others jobs, some of the managers were disrespectful and degrading to employees, the managers often hired completely incompetent people who later turned out to be old friends.
I stayed just over three month's after they took over and honestly tried to see the good, but only felt frustrated as I watched the level of service and quality of product drop as employees moral plummeted. After a few month's it was obvious that they were in over there heads. Now 6 month's later when I talk to former coworkers they say it's still declining I'm thankful to have gotten out.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees and clients, don't drop service to save a few pennies, you have potential but I'd sugest that you stick to operating lower scale motels.

Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

1. "Decent benefits, lousy company"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hourly benefits and PTO are pretty decent

Cons

Company is slow about paying its bills to outside comapanies

2. "Great company! Growth, opportunity & family balance were important to me and this company provided it."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong internal controls. Competent senior management. Good diversity in line level staff.

Cons

A little outdated in operational policy review. Needs more diversity in upper level management.

Advice to Management

Rely on younger talent to help keep the company young and up to date. Innovation and efficiency is growth.