Davidson Hotels & Resorts - Career Opportunities Abound at Davidson | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

"Career Opportunities Abound at Davidson"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Excellent opportunities for career growth in the hospitality industry - time and time again, employees have started at the bottom and worked their way up into a senior level management position. Dedication to the industry is the key. The hospitality industry needs to be in your blood, and for many people, it just isn't.

Cons

Morale is quite low at some properties due to high turnover and poor communication between managers and employees.

Advice to Management

Corporate needs to take a look at those properties scoring consistently low on their survey scores and intervene - find out the real reasons why employees aren't happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Davidson Hotels & Resorts

"Amazing people in corporate, but they are not in touch with property level issues"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely genuine people at the corporate level. If you work hard, they will reward you for it. The CEO John Belden is a remarkable human being. He is someone to look up to and respect. I am extremely loyal to this company, to a fault.

Cons

Having been with this company many years, they are beginning to show major flaws. The hotel SOPs are incredibly old, outdated, and not in line with the modern reality of operating a hotel. In an industry that is always changing, why hang on to the past? The reliance on old fashioned paperwork is disturbing.

However, the corporate team has no idea what is going on at their properties. I have witnessed highly questionable actions by most of the GMs I have worked for. Training has been getting worse and worse. Hourly workers are paying dearly for it. As time goes on, my morale and nearly all my co workers morale are in the toilet.

Advice to Management

Time to come into the 21st century. Watch your GMs!!

"Poor Hotel Managment Company, do not care about employees"

I have been working at Davidson Hotels & Resorts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience. I was able to learn about in my position. Typically like to promote from within. Will give you advice if it is needed.

Cons

Long Hours with poor compensation. Management keeps certain people under their "wings". If you are not part of the crowd you will not succeed.

Advice to Management

Follow procedures to protect your employees.