Davis Polk - Interesting and challenging (in a good way) | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davis Polk

"Interesting and challenging (in a good way)"

Current Employee - Corporate Legal Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Corporate Legal Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Davis Polk full-time

Pros

Given a lot of responsibility upon demonstrating skills

Cons

Can be very long hours

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the communication between senior associates and legal assistants

Other Employee Reviews for Davis Polk

"AA Department could be better"

Pros

The work there was interesting, especially as a floater AA. As long as you followed instructions closely, continued to display your high skill level, and really knew what you were doing you were OK

Cons

Some of the assigned AA's were not very nice, and usually displayed bullying types of attitudes and natures toward floaters. The staff in the other departments were nicer and better to work with. So I think that the problem has a lot to do with the way the AA dept is run. If AA's (esp the ones who have worked there for 10 years can learn to be nicer, the dept as a whole would be as well. But I don't see that changing anytime soon, and I didn't see that change for the better when I finally got out of there either.

Advice to Management

No advice to management since it's assumed that they already know how to treat AA's and floater AA's with respect and dignity, although I've experienced the complete opposite when I started working there a few years back. Treat your subordinates with the respect that they deserve and you'll keep them longer.

2. "Great firm and great opportunities"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Davis Polk full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We will work with talented people. You will have great clients who are able to pay a lot for lawyers. You will have exciting work.

Cons

You will work long hours. You will get a lot of training too, but the learning curve is steep and there will be lots of situations where you will have to sink or swim.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work