Davis Vision - A learning experience in a friendly environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Davis Vision

"A learning experience in a friendly environment."

Former Employee - Marketing Intern
Former Employee - Marketing Intern

Pros

There was very friendly people

Cons

It offered a Low pay

Advice to Management

The management was ver proffesional and friendly

Other Employee Reviews for Davis Vision

"Downhill fast"

Pros

A regular paycheck. Some of the people that have been around a long time still have the old "whatever it takes" attitude. Those in the union jobs seem to do pretty well at that end of the skill/pay range.

Cons

Clueless upper/middle management. Health care benefits used to be really good & free, just $20 copays, minimal expenses. Now we have to pay premiums, larger copays, and 10-20% for all healthcare. I'm sure more delightful cuts are in store for next year. HR is especially clueless and malicious.

Advice to Management

I think a lot of the problems are from the ambiguous HVHC relationship. The HVHC CEO is from ECCA so the perception is that Davis is the ugly stepchild. The Davis CEO (Steve Holden) is new, has no history with Davis (except as a competitor), but nothing can be done about that since all of the old-time senior people at Davis are now gone. Obviously the old Davis culture cannot be re-grown, but the HR reign of terror needs to end. If you're going to assign everyone to salary ranges with grades etc. make it a published list. If you're taking away our vacation/sick time next year, let us know outright rather than handing contradictory tidbits over time. If you're going to send out newsletters and videos talking about how we need to over-communicate, don't let 4-5 months sit between those things. Best advice: Either break up HVHC, or make it a single company. This 'family of companies' concept is BS.

2. "CSR II"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative: II in Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative: II in Latham, NY

I have been working at Davis Vision full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Improvement opportunities, management is helpful, always something new to learn.

Cons

Benefits are not the best.