DayNine Consulting - Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DayNine Consulting

"Rewarding for self-starters. Difficult for those who require hand-holding."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Incredible opportunity to learn and grow a career. As a fresh college graduate, I've been thrust into ever more challenging positions and been given latitude to experiment and lead.

*Self-starting and drive will be acknowledged and rewarded, both socially and financially.

*Build the company you want. Leadership is open to and encourages all employee feedback. Plus, participate in company building teams where you develop any number of aspects of the practice.

*Client-Facing. Even as an Associate, you are client-facing from very early on.

*Coach Program. You'll be paired with a senior employee who will help you guide your own career.

*NPS. The company polls all clients for quarterly NPS ratings and reacts to feedback accordingly.

*On-Boarding program and new consultant training.

*Weekly company call. All employees are invited to participate in a weekly call that updates us on the state of the company. We are encouraged to ask questions directly to leadership during these calls.

*Open office space. No one has an office door, no one has a cube. The CEO sits at an open desk, just like the rest of us. Conference rooms pepper the offices, for when privacy is needed.

*Schedule/workplace flexibility. Schedule your own hours, work from the office or home. Your call, just be sure to show up often enough to maintain relationships (minimum 3-days a week).

Cons

*Hard work, little play. Some hubs play more than others, but many of us work pretty long hours with little interaction outside of the office. It speaks to the culture more than company policy, we just don't have a lot of people who like to start out-of-work activities and the company only starts the occasional dinner. Also, 2 weeks of vacation time a year to start.

*Slow ramp-up. Took me 2 months before I was billable (and thus working towards bonus eligibility).

*Some shady recent departures. We've had a number of people "leave" in the past few months.

*No hand-holding. There is support, but you will be expected to figure things out on your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Communicate with us and remain open to suggestion. Look at the bigger picture with utilization, just because someone is sub-80% this week doesn't invalidate their 120% last week.

Other Employee Reviews for DayNine Consulting

"No where near they Project it to be..."

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge product
    No micro management
    Leadership open to suggestions

Cons

All work, no play - especially for technology roles. Been here just a bit over a year now and other than the occasional free lunch, its always "work hard" and no where close to "play harder". Which is what they sell you the culture as.
    Hardly any good mid level leadership structure in place
    Greedy operations and not ready to take up any overhead. Constantly pestering for putting in more and more billable hrs. Don't really care about personal development. Just want to make as much revenue with minimal overhead

Advice to Management

Stop selling this 'fake' culture and learn how to really run a professional services company.

"Not your average 8 hr job"

Current Employee - Sr Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sr Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great learning opportunity
    -Very dependable higher management
    -Helpful co workers
    -Decent benefits, although no 401k
    -Great flexibility and culture

Cons

- Growing too fast- both pro and con

- Due to the fast growth and workday being still very new, very few ppl to train and develop new talent, that is growing like weeds.

- Come here ONLY if you are ready to read and figure out stuff on your own. Though coworkers are willing to help, they are swamped as well.

- Flat management structure. No transparency on why ppl get promoted or how appraisals are done. Everything is word of mouth.

- No real direction and goals except to follow big daddy workday.

- Emphasis on high performers, almost gives one the feeling like 'average joe' is not good enough. So constant push to raise the bar.

Advice to Management

Now that we are competing with the big boys, we need to get a solid management structure in place. This will help attract, develop and retain talent.