DayNine Consulting - Incredible Opportunity for Self-Starters | Glassdoor

"Incredible Opportunity for Self-Starters"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DayNine Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Rapid Expansion. DayNine is expanding so rapidly that anyone employed today has the opportunity to lead and move up quickly. If you are able to rise to the occasion. You will determine your career trajectory. *Ever Changing. DayNine is always changing and will always be changing. It took me almost 3 years to realize that this is a feature not a bug. If you are not comfortable with volatility and are scared by... change, stay away. To thrive, you must pull yourself up and adapt. *Open Communication. In my nearly 3 years here, I've had several frustrating experiences with other people. The kind of experiences that, when left unattended, fester into animosity and opposition. But it is expected that we resolve them through open and honest communication. Every single time it's worked. People are willing here, but it's hard to take that first step and reach out to resolve. You have to do it. *The People. I have never worked with a better group of people. Every single one of them has inspired me to be better. D9ers are empowered to start their own events, clubs, and receive support from leadership to fund them. Volunteer your time, get others to join you. This is a place where you will make life-long friends.

Cons

*The Business of You. This is not a place where you'll plug in and be comfortable. You will not be coddled, you will not be handed a book of SOPs, they don't exist. You will be expected to grow yourself, proactively seek support (of which there is plenty), and communicate openly. This company is almost like a collection of entrepreneurs. You are your own business here. You must be scrappy, you must drive your own... experience. There are others doing similar, others are happy to help, but no one will do it for you.

Advice to Management

*It is clear you have decided on how you want to run the organization. It will and has upset people. Tim's message hasn't changed, but it doesn't seem that people understand the depth of what he means. Recruiting may need to get clearer on what we need to expect coming in the door. *Stay the course.

DayNine Consulting2015-02-08

"Great Place To Work"

Principal Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DayNine Consulting

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth and experience. DayNine provides an environment that is friendly and not shy to promote. Very great co workers who are all very intelligent.

Cons

Often you get thrown into the deep end very quickly without guidance. This can lead to stressful moments, but can also lead to accelerated growth. Very much a sink/swim kind of place.

Advice to Management

Tim is a great guy and I really appreciate the environment that he has created. People management is also good (for the most part). Would like a more diverse leadership team (male, female, ethnicities).

DayNine Consulting2017-01-06
  2. "Workday implementation partner in the Northeast"

Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I worked at DayNine Consulting for more than 3 years

Pros

Workday is a solid platform and has grown marketshare each year since inception.

Cons

Workday is a poor partner and can't be trusted as they will push business to larger implementation partners.

Advice to Management

DayNine's leadership team is weak and I am sure they are pushed around by Accenture who acquired them recently.

DayNine Consulting2019-01-29

Discover more reviews about DayNine Consulting.