Dayton Children's Hospital - Amazing medical staff, best care for kids | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dayton Children's Hospital

"Amazing medical staff, best care for kids"

I worked at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Medical staff is wonderful. Caring, educated, I will still take my children there. There are various options for insurance so you can pick one that fits your life. Very fulfilling job.

Cons

Depending on your department, some management focus on only hiring new grads, so that they can start at the bottom of the pay scale. In my experience, all of the senior staff that was there under previous management ended up leaving one way or another; some situations were very sketchy. Some departments have administrative managers that do not help the staff or pitch in when there is a dire need. Some management can be condescending and focus on searching for negatives instead of promoting positives.

Advice to Management

Realize that your staff is there to provide excellent care to the kids and their families. LISTEN to them when they bring legitimate concerns to your attention, and DISCOURAGE them from feeding and nurturing unnecessary drama or personality differences. SENIOR management is wonderful. Departmental management should be held to the same standards as other staff as far as upholding spirit standards and excellence in service.

Other Employee Reviews for Dayton Children's Hospital

1. "A great place to work!"

I worked at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Friendly co-workers.

Cons

Only real con was schedule can be a little unpredictable at times since a hospital is open 24/7.

Advice to Management

Keep letting people know when they're doing a good job, whether it's expected or not.

2. "Dayton Children's Rocks"

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Dayton Children's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. It provides excellent patient-centered care
    2. It treats its employees with respect
    3. It utilizes teamwork as an essential function
    4. Administration goes above and beyond to make it statistically the best place to work, as well as family-oriented for our patients and staff
    5. It teaches its young instead of spitting them out. Dayton Children's is full of employees who want you to succeed in your career, and it will do what it can to help you get to where you want to go.
    6. It has tuition reimbursement for staff
    7. It has benefits in the surrounding communities for staff
    8. It's constantly evolving to meet the needs of the community
    9. Administration LISTEN's
    10. It is an overall fantastic place to work

Cons

It doesn't offer much to night-shift personnel in regards to food available.

Advice to Management

Continue to LISTEN to your employees. Remember, listening is not just hearing us out, but also acting on what employees have to say. If no action occurs in response to listening, then employees will begin to understand that we're not actually listened to.
    Continue working on how to make salaries more competitive. Consider different floor premium's as well (Critical Care pay to ICU, NICU, and ED).