DeLorme - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Temporary GIS Technician in Yarmouth, ME
Former Employee - Temporary GIS Technician in Yarmouth, ME

Pros

The pay was good. Supervisors were fair and helpful. Employees' were shown appreciation for their hard work. Workplace was clean and orderly. Break room was nice. Hours were great, and always consistent. Employees are given ample notice of changes in work hours and closings for holidays or maintenance.

Cons

More feedback would be helpful, especially when learning a new task. Also would have been nice if work had been closed for treacherous Maine winter weather. The regular snowstorms were fine. But driving to work in white-out conditions was horrible.

Advice to Management

More feedback (good or bad), Close during blizzards.

Other Employee Reviews for DeLorme

1. "A great company to work for, a bad location; pay the employees what they are worth."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Yarmouth, ME
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Yarmouth, ME

Pros

DeLorme is a pretty good place to work at. The managers are very nice and understanding. It is a small company so the quality of one on one interaction is high. If you have a problem with your computer the support team is there in a flash. There are bonuses. And people respect one another. I enjoyed all of the people I worked with. I would highly suggest working for this company.

Cons

Location, Location, Location. Not being in Portland is a big downside and with the price of gas now its a killer. I mean Portland is only 20 minutes away; on a good day. Moving closer to Portland would be a great move for the company. Also the salary is a problem. While I do understand you are living in Maine and the price of living is not as high, you could afford to pay your employees more. $23,000 a year is not very good. And while that was in sales I am sure that the salary must go up for people programming the software.

Advice to Management

Think about raising the salary for people in the sales department.

2. "Sorry to see them go"

I worked at DeLorme full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Small company that still has that family feel. Employees can make a difference.

Cons

privately owned laeds to financial struggles