DeNA - Keep doing what you are doing? | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeNA

"Keep doing what you are doing?"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Obviously, HR, Marketing and PR have been hard at work crafting responses to some of the more recent (negative) reviews.

My favorite line? "Getting crowded: Need a bigger office to keep up with growth"

What growth? Recruiting can't keep up with turnover, and the same jobs have been posted for months.

Outside of the free beer, snacks and catered meals, there is very little to gloat about.

Cons

Talent. The best developers are long gone, and when your CEO accepts a COO position with a competitor, that's not a good sign. If DeNA's upcoming releases don't fair well, I wouldn't be surprised if the San Francisco office is "long gone" as well. If you are seeking stability, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

It's definitely not "keep doing what you are doing". Time to hit the "reset" button.

Other Employee Reviews for DeNA

":( No fun"

Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Artist in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chilled office next to ballpark and also close to public transportation like caltrain. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner provided.

Cons

Very political environment with little respect for each other.
    Lots of employees quitting weekly and seems to be more about to leave soon.
    Inexperienced management starting with the execs.

Advice to Management

Change the leadership.

"When you start with bad genes, you're guaranteed to end up with flawed DeNA"..."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DeNA as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

An abundance of free alcohol should have been the first sign I was in trouble. When all else fails, drink yourself into oblivion. In hindsight, I probably should have, as the booze would have ameliorated the tedium of showing up for this sh*t show...

Cons

I honestly didn't feel like I could trust my co-workers or supervisor. After I was hired, I was sent home because they wanted me to purchase an expensive insurance policy. I complied, several weeks later my contract was ended, because "plans changed". If I walked out on a contract, it would adversely affect my career. DeNA should have the balls to pay me through the end of my contract. If you want to hire people "at will" then treat them as employees, you can't have it both ways. Indicates a lack of accountability or integrity. These folks are rotten to the core.

Advice to Management

Pull your double wide out of an otherwise nice neighborhood and send little DeNA off to special ed.