DeVry Education Group - "TEACH" values are on paper only | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

""TEACH" values are on paper only"

Pros

* Free Education at DeVry and/or Keller
* Life / Work Balance
* Good Location for suburbanites
* OK Benefits

Cons

* Power struggles between departments and personal agendas drove direction more so than what was best for the students or the company. Leadership did nothing to put a stop to the in-fighting, so the people in the trenches were having to work in this this disfunctional manner on a daily basis.
* None of the so-called TEACH values were exhibited by the people I worked with. Teamwork was horrible, lots of back-stabbing, finger-pointing and passive aggressive behaviors.
* There was absolutely no accountability, and as a manager who tried to incorporate accountability measures, I ended up losing. People who made severe mistakes and didn't deliver were shifted around and rewarded while those of us who were open and honest were punished.
* Lots of lip service paid to wanting to be an employer of choice and be on the forefront of technology, but leadership did very little to move DeVry in that direction.
* Misled about the direction I was headed career-wise. I was given a stellar review (including mention of potential promotion) and a great bonus, then 3 months later, was let go without any explanation. My supervisor never had any interim discussions with me about performance concerns. When I asked during the exit interview why I was being let go, the only thing HR would say is that it was an employee-at-will state.

Advice to Management

Set clearly defined goals
Don't let unhealthy relationships between departments go on for years without intervening
The TEACH values are good ones, but unfortunately, are only on paper

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group

"Mandatory overtime is required and you're not paid for it since you're on salary"

Pros

The benefits were pretty good and my co-workers were great.

Cons

Expected you to work 80-90 hour weeks consistently with no overtime pay since you are on salary. Mandatory overtime was put into place when big projects were going on, which was all of the time. If you asked for a day off, you were often told no.

2. "Interesting"

Current Employee - Admissions Support Representative
    Current Employee - Admissions Support Representative

Pros

DeVry offers amazing benefits, great hours, room for advancement, education assistance, friendly atmosphere, accesability to upper managment and over all a great team spirit.

Cons

I really don't have many cons available, besides new policies are being put into place as of the new fiscal year and there have been issues with communication.