DeVry Education Group - Horrible company!!!! | Glassdoor

"Horrible company!!!!"

Former Employee - Student Finance Representative in Naperville, IL
Former Employee - Student Finance Representative in Naperville, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a FREE Devry education aka waste of time !

Cons

Waste of time working at Devry

Advice to Management

Look into hiring grown adults, not kids!!

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group

"The dark years."

Former Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Chicago, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot about myself and my goals, and I now know what kind of company culture I want a future with. However, I learned these through my difficult experiences at DeVry and not through it's nurturing treatment or positive development.

Cons

Far too many dissatisfied employees, they sabotage themselves and conspire to do their worst after only a few months on the job. The leaders are not setting the right example either. I actually had an HR rep who hired her family members without disclosing the relationship. Made evaluating or defending your evaluation of an employee much more difficult when their family member was also their HR rep.

Advice to Management

Your Directors and Assistant Directors of Admissions managers are often too inexperienced and too poorly trained in how to develop employee talent. They are thrown right into the job of making numbers work, but never taught how to do so, and everyone seems surprised when a target is missed or if a team is completely dissatisfied. No manager should hit the floor without an intense management training that lasts a month. Also, you make it too hard for the real talent to ascend or stick around.

"DeVry Inc. is a for-profit business, devoted to quality experience based teaching."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

DeVry is aggressively focused on growth, even in the face of recession. They have high standards for their staff, professors, and administration. There is room to grow with the company, especially if one is open to relocation. DeVry is partnered with other learning institutions, offering Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's degrees in fields ranging from Business/Management to Nursing and IT. They recruit from the top levels of management in many sectors and industries, providing students with real-live experiences to gain a great understanding of today's business world.

Cons

DeVry's expansion program leads to some cuts and hiring freezes at the administrative level. There is a minimum of support staff and the Deans have an extremely heavy workload.

Advice to Management

DeVry wants active visible managers. They have the potential for rapid movement upward, and lateral shifts to other locations. Be prepared for hard-work. DeVry has standards for continuing education for senior staff, has generous benefits for vacation and health, and dependent's education.