DeVry Education Group - Falsely represent job | Glassdoor

"Falsely represent job"

Former Employee - Admissions Advisor
Former Employee - Admissions Advisor

Pros

Extensive training program (1 week) that does prepare you for the job, competitive pay + commission structure and good benefits.

Cons

Job is falsely portrayed as you being an advisor when it is in fact a sales/telemarketing role. You have to call the same leads 3 times a day and often times they did not request information or just hang up on you. Very tedious and no one seems happy at the job. The only reason I found that people stayed was to get their free MBA's but graduating from Keller won't take you too far in the real world sadly.

Advice to Management

Change your recruiting tactics so the University is actually respected, state universities don't hassle or stalk students to get them to enroll and somehow you compare your self to their same level.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group

"DeVry Online- a great place to teach!"

Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty
    Current Employee - Online Adjunct Faculty

Pros

DeVry Online- I teach for DVUO as an adjunct (contractor) and have had nothing but good experiences with them. They pay higher than most for online teaching and have very good support systems in place and training for faculty. The new faculty training is the best I've seen. Faculty managers are supportive and back their faculty members, yet keep the students' fairness in mind. For instance, if plagiarism or other academic violations occur DVUO takes action. They may be a "for profit" institution but they *do* have high academic standards. I would recommend other online instructors to DeVry (although it's a lot harder to "get in" now than it was a few years ago due to the explosion of competition).

Cons

Maybe a bit more personalized recognition for the top-notch faculty members. I also hear rumblings on the faculty conference calls about it having been several years since pay was increased for adjuncts. We also hear "compliants" about lifting the credit hour teaching limit, but have been told it's being worked on. However, it seems to be taking quite a while so it would be nice if there was some progress on this one. Overall, though, DVUO is a wonderful place to teach.

Advice to Management

Maybe do anonymous feedback surveys from the adjuncts to hear more about concerns/suggestions and implement ideas to the extent possible. There are many talented instructors out there who will probably have some great ideas!!

2. "Employee"

Current Employee - Student Support Advisor in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Student Support Advisor in Oakland, CA

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been working here for two months now, but I really appreciate the time invested in the training provided.

Cons

As mention before, I have only been employed here for two months and so far no Cons.

Advice to Management

To keep up with the investment on training