DeVry Education Group - Great place to come to work everyday | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry Education Group

"Great place to come to work everyday"

Current Employee - Individual Contributer in Downers Grove, IL
Current Employee - Individual Contributer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very collaborative culture; mission driven; nice work life balance; suppportive HR leadership; high standards.

DeVry is in a time of change however this change is good. We are adapting to a changing environment and in doing so, staying relevant. We are using new technologies which create effeciancies. Students need these changes.

Yes, some change is hard but ultimately change is good and required. Some folks have a harder time understanding the need and reasons behind the change. If we didn't change, we wouldn't exist, plan and simple.

Cons

It would be nice to have a jeans day more often. :-)

Advice to Management

keep communicating; change is necessary and welcomed when communicated correctly

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry Education Group

1. "Good pay, shitty job"

Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Addison, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor in Addison, IL

I worked at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay
    Good time off
    OK benefits
    401K
    Diversity

Cons

Too much favoritism in management
    Not too many advancement opportunities
    They dangle a carrot to make you produce more

Advice to Management

Come up with other training topics, be more creative
    EXCEED IN THE POSITION FIRST before trying to tell someone else how to do it
    Be fair

"Academic Advisor AKA Call Center"

Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry Education Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you can get into the Registrar Dept. That's where it's at. Those lazy bums watch tv all day or youtube, play on their phones, and get paid more than I do. They also DON'T take any phone calls and their bathroom trips aren't timed like mine are.

Cons

Promotions are based on who you know, not your work ethic. Academic Advising is a call center, let's be honest. It is back to back calls non-stop with impossible goals. On top of non-stop inbound calls from students you are required to make outbounds for emails and opportunities (first advising meetings, academic standing changes, etc) The pay is $17.79 an hour, but Advising does all of the work. You will take phone calls about registrar calls and you weren't trained on this. You're not trained on other programs and you have to take overflow calls for other programs which are nerve racking since you are not an expert with that program. You get 1 hour 35mins to not take phone calls, but every phone call requires a case (something to finish or work on). Your bathroom time is accounted for this too, so is a coffee/water run. It's ridiculous!
    They are changing our systems soon and our training consists of videos at our computer that you can't see or have to rush through because GOD FORBID you are off the phones for more than the proper time allowed to watch the training videos.
    I'm job hunting and so is all of academic advising. Like I said, if you can get into a department that isn't advising, you'd like working here because work ethic doesn't matter.

Campuses have NO CLUE how to help students and send their students to us. Such a joke. Also, DeVry updates policy through email, so a student will call in and know something before me because I haven't had time to read that email yet. Managers communicate through email and instant messaging even when they sit near me. I could go on for days.....

IF YOU WANT A CALL CENTER --- APPLY HERE---

Advice to Management

TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER. I've been here awhile and still do not know half of the things I should. Also, don't switch major systems and train us on videos!!!

Pay advisors more, they do all the work. Get rid of availability, go have your own bathroom trips timed.