DeVry University - one | Glassdoor

"one"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Irving, TX

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to grow with starting out with no job experience

Cons

Pay scale is a bit low

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Horrible Corrupt Corporate Culture!"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only reason to work there is the benefits. They are ok. However, I would never refer anyone to work at DeVry... even my worst enemy.

Cons

Mistreat employees by overworking and underpaying employees. No room for internal promotions. It is all politics. DeVry does not promote based on merit or hard work. Management is not qualified and just puppets for DeVry, Inc. They are a joke. DeVry should be investigated for HR payroll and confidentiality infractions. The school is unethical in their admissions requirements by requiring all advisors to ask for a referral in every phone call and interview or they are reprimanded. Admission goals are really unrealistic sales goals. Promotions and reviews are biased and unfair. Metro President only cuts budgets and condones layoffs. The employees voice is unappreciated and unheard.

Advice to Management

Provide proper training to all new employees and promote within the organization. External hiring simply does not work! Moreover, treat employees fairy and pay accordingly. Stop overpaying your mid-managers and start paying the real workers and revenue generators.

"DeVry is an awesome employer in today's world!"

Current Employee - Social Media Contributor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Social Media Contributor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am supported and consistently encouraged through great compensation, positive feedback, & more than adequate direction from my managers and the staff that I work with. I have never felt pressured or discouraged in any way. I am included in decision-making and feel that I make a very valuable contribution to the company. Compensation is more than adequate and little extra tokens of their appreciation find their way to my mailbox frequently. I highly recommend DeVry as a wonderful organization for which to work!

Cons

Being an education provider and my position being in social media marketing, I have to be careful of my references to religion in my blog entries. I feel that sometimes their compliance department is a bit inconsistent in what is considered OK and sometimes feedback about this is vague. I see this as an ongoing issue in our society however, and really don't fault the institution for this at all. I can think of no other issues I have felt since my employment with them began last year.

Advice to Management

I wish I could give some! Awesome management that leads by example and empowers their employees to succeed.