DeVry University - I would have referred everyone I knew to this company prior to coming to this campus. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"I would have referred everyone I knew to this company prior to coming to this campus."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working directly with students and getting their feedback on how I can do my job better.

Cons

We have recently undergone major cuts and the department that I run is extremely spread thin. DeVry Inc. needs to realize that in order to get the results it desires in terms of services for its students, it needs to pay for and fund these resources as our people are spread way to thin. To me, this sends a mixed message from Home Office. I would much rather have resources to do my job effectively than a 401k annual profit share. Simply put, we get what we pay for. Invest in people.

Advice to Management

Invest in people, stop micro managing and misleading your employees. Stop hiring your friends and creating positions for them while laying off existing ones. We are and always will be a commuter college. Stop trying to make us somthing we are not and holding people to unrealistic standards in the meantime.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Management is AWOL from the corporate office to the local schools so the inmates(local managers) run the asylum."

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is decent for the market.

Cons

Where do you begin?
    Poor working environment
    Micromanagement
    Educational facilities and equipment outdated and needs replaced
    Arcane policies
    Lip service to education but the truth is just put a but in the seat so we get paid
    No advancement opportunities
    Your input is not desired or needed because we will do it our way even if it is wrong
    It seems everyone is looking for another job during the entire time while employed at DeVry.

Advice to Management

The for profit model is broken and needs repaired. Please look into hiring individuals that can make cogent calls moving forward.

"Horrific environment, morale is terrible!"

Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, amazing PTO

Cons

Constantly making dumb changes, no concern for the students or employees, evil company, only cares about profit.

Advice to Management

DeVry's financial aid department has such a negative image and I understand completely why. It is now common practice to disburse financial aid, give a refund, and then return the financial aid causing a balance on the student's account. The withdrawal policy is so unfair to students, instead of making it more reasonable why would you make it even more unfair and costly. Please lower your extremely high tuition costs. A dependent student should not have to take out additional loans to go full time. I literally want to come home and call new students back and tell them to find another school whose costs will not be as high and who will not cause them so many problems.