DeVry University - Good School, Good Benefits | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"Good School, Good Benefits"

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Besides 401k matching you also get the benefit of almost free education. I was able to complete an MBA. Benefit is also for family members.

Good company and thoughtful senior management.

Cons

Communiion from direct managers could be better. Touugh economy has made it difficult, cuts have had to be made and that always makes it challenging.

Advice to Management

none at this time

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

1. "Lab Manager"

I worked at DeVry University full-time

Pros

Devry is a good environment to work in look to improve company through trainings, internal reorganizations, and process changes. The university has made many decisions to keep the company’s profits steady in a declining market segment. Services and systems have been designed to help the student self-register and track progression. Process changes have been implemented to build uniformity across campuses and online education within the Devry system.

Cons

Devry has built their name by providing hands on cutting edge education which has been watered down due to the globalization of their education philosophy and online education focus. By online becoming a focal point, the local campus education is no longer cutting edge. The process of education has become upper level management making local level management decision without understanding the local campus needs. The end product (education) has suffered a major downgrade which directly has effected student population, employee morale, and overall reputation.

Advice to Management

Remember the foundation of Devry education by providing cutting edge technology coursework and become one university without losing what has made Devry standout and grow -- quality relevant hands on cutting edge education.

2. "Horrible Experience. I now owe 50K+- without a degree or a job"

Current Employee - Unemployed
    Current Employee - Unemployed

Pros

None, I now owe 50K+- without a degree or a job

Cons

I was mis-lead - when I met with the admin staff about signing up. They or she told me whatever was needed, so I would sign the forms. All Devry is interested in is your Student Loans. I also can't get a job, because employers don't like Devry listed as an education, so I removed it from my resume. They could care less about your education, all they are interested in is your student loans - now I owe 50K with out a degree. Go find a not for profit College.

Advice to Management

I want Devry to refund my Student Loans to the Department of Education