DeVry University - Management is AWOL from the corporate office to the local schools so the inmates(local managers) run the asylum. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"Management is AWOL from the corporate office to the local schools so the inmates(local managers) run the asylum."

Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Starting pay is decent for the market.

Cons

Where do you begin?
Poor working environment
Micromanagement
Educational facilities and equipment outdated and needs replaced
Arcane policies
Lip service to education but the truth is just put a but in the seat so we get paid
No advancement opportunities
Your input is not desired or needed because we will do it our way even if it is wrong
It seems everyone is looking for another job during the entire time while employed at DeVry.

Advice to Management

The for profit model is broken and needs repaired. Please look into hiring individuals that can make cogent calls moving forward.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Horrific environment, morale is terrible!"

Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL
    Current Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Wood Dale, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great healthcare benefits, amazing PTO

Cons

Constantly making dumb changes, no concern for the students or employees, evil company, only cares about profit.

Advice to Management

DeVry's financial aid department has such a negative image and I understand completely why. It is now common practice to disburse financial aid, give a refund, and then return the financial aid causing a balance on the student's account. The withdrawal policy is so unfair to students, instead of making it more reasonable why would you make it even more unfair and costly. Please lower your extremely high tuition costs. A dependent student should not have to take out additional loans to go full time. I literally want to come home and call new students back and tell them to find another school whose costs will not be as high and who will not cause them so many problems.

"Student Finance Consultant"

Former Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Tinley Park, IL
    Former Employee - Student Finance Consultant in Tinley Park, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team at that time and helping student find financial resources that would help assist in their education

Cons

Consist frictions between academic, registrar and admission. It seemed as if everyone wanted to pass the buck and not take responsibility. In addition, people were starting to do things because it was coming so driven by admission and getting student enrolled and not helping or considered with if Devry was the right fit for that student.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality and not dollar signs!