DeVry University - Experience at DeVry | Glassdoor

"Experience at DeVry"

Current Employee - Amissions Advisor in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Amissions Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great enviroment to work in.
Co-workers were great.

Cons

No autonomy.
Felt like you cannot move up within the company although they preach that.
Talk about hiring from within and that is not true.

Advice to Management

Focus on employees that don't do what they are supposed to.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Soul-sucking."

Former Employee - Student Success Coach in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Student Success Coach in Columbus, OH

I worked at DeVry University full-time

Pros

Great teams at the campuses. Mostly everyone was working toward the common goal of satisfying students. People worked hard for the university's mission.

Cons

Little to no opportunities for advancement, and favoritism is a major factor. Awful micromanagement from upper management. Upper management has no idea about what really happens at campuses and therefore makes poor decisions for the campuses, their employees, and their students. In an effort to stay current, the company makes so many changes that employees absolutely cannot keep up. It leaves the students and the employees feeling lost.

Advice to Management

Observe campuses as they function on the day-to-day so that you can make better decisions for the direction of the company. Stop playing favorites and start evaluating candidates fairly.

"I would have referred everyone I knew to this company prior to coming to this campus."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working directly with students and getting their feedback on how I can do my job better.

Cons

We have recently undergone major cuts and the department that I run is extremely spread thin. DeVry Inc. needs to realize that in order to get the results it desires in terms of services for its students, it needs to pay for and fund these resources as our people are spread way to thin. To me, this sends a mixed message from Home Office. I would much rather have resources to do my job effectively than a 401k annual profit share. Simply put, we get what we pay for. Invest in people.

Advice to Management

Invest in people, stop micro managing and misleading your employees. Stop hiring your friends and creating positions for them while laying off existing ones. We are and always will be a commuter college. Stop trying to make us somthing we are not and holding people to unrealistic standards in the meantime.