DeVry University - I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry."

Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA
Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA

I have been working at DeVry University as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As a student at DeVry, the best part is not having to commute to and from work to get to school. I am exposed to some of the best and most updated software and hardware on the market. Our school has much better IT equipment than any other campus I have worked at. Also, I am free to make my own projects for the most part and the experience I gain in troubleshooting and customer service is invaluable.

Cons

As of right now, there is no room for growth. The team is very small in the IT Dept. and there is no opportunity for upward movement. Our network is not local, so there I am getting very little network communications experience.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free education and good benefits. Other than having a job there are no real pros for this job. The pay is ok and it could be worse in this economy but I do not know many people that enjoy what they are doing

Cons

lack of communication, no accountibility from managment, lie about hours and job duties. Very high turnover rate. Long hours. The for-profit educational industry is haveing a really hard time in the current market. Enrollments are consistently declining, the education provided is a joke, and the cost to attend the school is outragious. Don't walk, run form ths company if you are looking at a job as an admissions advisor.

Advice to Management

Don't lie, we all know what is really happening. Do not treat us like children.

2. "Tutor Coordinator"

I have been working at DeVry University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience with the community and a chance to work with a group of students that make a difference in teenagers' lives.

Cons

Sometimes the people are a little difficult to work with.