DeVry University - I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry."

Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA
Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA

I have been working at DeVry University as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As a student at DeVry, the best part is not having to commute to and from work to get to school. I am exposed to some of the best and most updated software and hardware on the market. Our school has much better IT equipment than any other campus I have worked at. Also, I am free to make my own projects for the most part and the experience I gain in troubleshooting and customer service is invaluable.

Cons

As of right now, there is no room for growth. The team is very small in the IT Dept. and there is no opportunity for upward movement. Our network is not local, so there I am getting very little network communications experience.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

"Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free education and good benefits. Other than having a job there are no real pros for this job. The pay is ok and it could be worse in this economy but I do not know many people that enjoy what they are doing

Cons

lack of communication, no accountibility from managment, lie about hours and job duties. Very high turnover rate. Long hours. The for-profit educational industry is haveing a really hard time in the current market. Enrollments are consistently declining, the education provided is a joke, and the cost to attend the school is outragious. Don't walk, run form ths company if you are looking at a job as an admissions advisor.

Advice to Management

Don't lie, we all know what is really happening. Do not treat us like children.

2. "Great leadership team and support."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at DeVry University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation and follow through from the middle level management. Location was also continent for city employees to access via public transportation.

Cons

Cost of education for first and second year students that could find less expensive tuition via community colleges made it a hard sell.