DeVry University - In general a good place to work. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"In general a good place to work."

Former Employee - Administration in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Administration in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at DeVry University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently in 2013 there is now room for advancement and training that was not available before. Admissions department pay has been lowered, but so has the workload for a more balanced work life. Academic departments are more streamlined and not as confusing as it once was during the time of my employment there. If you have the right management in place, it can be a great place to work.

Cons

The problems can be favoritism which ran rampant during my employment period of 2004 - 2009. And accountability for one's own work, and plenty of management back door dealings that we're borderline libel. From what I've seen and heard as of now, some of those practices have been eliminated, or they have taken strides to get ride of it. Unfortunately, there are still some bad seeds in the company.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

1. "I am getting a lot of IT experience here at DeVry."

Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA
    Current Intern - Technical Support in Pomona, CA

I have been working at DeVry University as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

As a student at DeVry, the best part is not having to commute to and from work to get to school. I am exposed to some of the best and most updated software and hardware on the market. Our school has much better IT equipment than any other campus I have worked at. Also, I am free to make my own projects for the most part and the experience I gain in troubleshooting and customer service is invaluable.

Cons

As of right now, there is no room for growth. The team is very small in the IT Dept. and there is no opportunity for upward movement. Our network is not local, so there I am getting very little network communications experience.

"Admissions"

Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Admissions Advisor I in Naperville, IL

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free education and good benefits. Other than having a job there are no real pros for this job. The pay is ok and it could be worse in this economy but I do not know many people that enjoy what they are doing

Cons

lack of communication, no accountibility from managment, lie about hours and job duties. Very high turnover rate. Long hours. The for-profit educational industry is haveing a really hard time in the current market. Enrollments are consistently declining, the education provided is a joke, and the cost to attend the school is outragious. Don't walk, run form ths company if you are looking at a job as an admissions advisor.

Advice to Management

Don't lie, we all know what is really happening. Do not treat us like children.