DeVry University - DeVry, first in customer service. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DeVry University

"DeVry, first in customer service."

Former Employee - Tutor in Kansas City, MO
Former Employee - Tutor in Kansas City, MO

I worked at DeVry University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am truly impressed with the values and level of quality service provided at the KC, MO campus. Awesome!

Cons

I didn't experience any negatives. I only worked on a part-time basis, so I was not entitled to benefits.

Advice to Management

Continue with the level of quality leadership at your campus! I think that other DeVry campuses should emulate that of the KC campus.

Other Employee Reviews for DeVry University

1. "Great place to learn, but career paths aren't clear."

Current Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor
    Current Employee - Senior Admissions Advisor

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to start off and gain experience. Allows for both a team and individual experience. Helping students is always a rewarding experience. Great tuition benefits!

Cons

Hours are not very desirable. Career paths and growth opportunities are often unclear or nonexistent. Job security comes and goes with market changes regardless of job performance.

Advice to Management

Be honest, open and clear with employees. Work closely with employees to provide clear goals and growth opportunities.

"Quanity over quality is driving out the best employees."

I have been working at DeVry University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexable schedule. They are also very good about trying to accomadate time off. The benefits are also pretty good in comparison with some university.

Cons

With students starting to turn from private schools, DeVry reacts with lashing out at employees. Suddenly it is more more more, instead of actually assisting students. The mass numbers of people leaving has left online short staffed, and under prepared. This causes studnets to become frustrated rightfully so. This place is a study in horrible management. Directors run around trying to figure out how to blame the other department for the lack of new students instead of addressing the real problem. All the while the actual employees are over worked and not apperciated. There is only so many times a person can be scoled for not following a robic script.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all current managers. They are completly biased, and are to stuck on the old ways. DeVry is a sinking ship with management telling everyone to remain calm, and that it is just a drill.