Dealertrack - Poor career growth and limited opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack

"Poor career growth and limited opportunities"

Current Employee - Programmer
Current Employee - Programmer

Pros

The starting pay scales are good.
Dealertrack has a superior benefits package, the best of all is the tuition reimbursement program. It offers a reimbursement of $10,000/year on a university degree program. I believe that few companies match that amount
Their bonus rate has been far excellent compared to the bonus rate in other IT companies where my friends worked.
Dealertrack is an industry leader in its area of business, which is auto-finance. It has a good brand value in the retail automotive industry.

Cons

In the few years of my experience as a full time employee, I feel that opportunities for professional growth in this company are very limited.
There is poor communication across departments. I'm a tech person and feel be to relegated to one distant corner without any need to know about the business side of things.
At the end of the day, managers seem to be concerned only on the delivery of the products without sparing a thought on the career growth of the team members. There also seems to be a great disparity between team members in the opportunities they get.

The starting pay packages and benefits are good, but, you'd get some peanuts as pay hike every year.

Dealertrack is very slow to adapt new technology. In our department, we tend to spend too much time on the business as usual tasks than getting to work on new projects.

Advice to Management

Please focus on the improving the career growth opportunities for the team members. The yearly HR surveys and interaction with the HR team are good steps to address the issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack

1. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

The company been bought out by Cox Automotive. It got a good benifit plan with RRSP contribution.

Cons

- Software Engineering Managers are Micro Managing the scrum teams.

- Software Engineers and QAs are always working over time due to work load (without any compensation). No work life balance. No appreciation for all the extra work.

- The company does not have any type of mentorship program for career growth. Therefore you will be stuck in your role.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming SEs and QAs for all production related issues (RCA).

"Change is happening"

Current Employee - Anonnymous in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonnymous in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Dealertrack full-time

Pros

Company has invested a lot in Agile on all the locations. Change is difficult especially for people that have been under the previous GM, a very command and control guy. The new GM has different style.Management is improving to be strategic and has still work to do.

Cons

Technology is getting updated. People don't feel empowered yet.

Advice to Management

Work together