Dealertrack - Was once a great place to work, but they are forgetting how they got to where they are at. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dealertrack

"Was once a great place to work, but they are forgetting how they got to where they are at."

Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Senior Product Specialist in Chicago, IL

Pros

Decent pay, but that is starting to decrease.

Cons

No opportunity to move up. They do not promote from within. They have also changed our pay plan every year. Each year it get's worse. I think this will be a $75K a year job within the next 1-2 years.

Advice to Management

Got out in the field and see what our customers are really saying. Many products have challenges and we have not spent the time to resolve these issues.

Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack

"This company SUCKS!!!!! do not work for them!!!!"

Former Employee - Tech Support in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Downers Grove, IL

Pros

NONE!!! Do not work here.

Cons

Management overall it sucks!!!!! come on everyone in high management comes from the dealership and we all know how dealers work.

Advice to Management

Get help in promoting people and try harder at employee relationships. Do more for your employees right know I work for a great company. They are always trying to improve their ways with employees and they listen to your ideas. Why would you want to work for customers who are very unhappy with the product. I other words you get yelled at all day long and everything is you fault.

2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Pros

The company been bought out by Cox Automotive. It got a good benifit plan with RRSP contribution.

Cons

- Software Engineering Managers are Micro Managing the scrum teams.

- Software Engineers and QAs are always working over time due to work load (without any compensation). No work life balance. No appreciation for all the extra work.

- The company does not have any type of mentorship program for career growth. Therefore you will be stuck in your role.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming SEs and QAs for all production related issues (RCA).