Dealertrack - Heavy in the middle | Glassdoor

"Heavy in the middle"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Pros

Stable, so long as you made your manager happy. Lots of opportunities for growth and different career paths in the industry if you don't mind moving.

Cons

Lots of middle management, 80% of which are career managers and not "doers" who rose through the ranks. The upper management generally has their act together, but getting anything done or communicated down the chain generally wasn't effective.

Advice to Management

Don't try to be so diverse. You don't need to have everything for everyone. Concentrate on areas of strength and stick to what you know.

Other Employee Reviews for Dealertrack

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Data Ops in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

DealerTrack gives everyone a fair oppurtunity for growth. They offer great benefits. There is little macro-managing, as long as you come in and do your work you will be rewarded.

Cons

Sometimes difficult for people to get suggestions and advice to upper managment. Occasionally there is a downtime which can make the position a little boring.

Advice to Management

Try to visit the different locations outside of NY. It's sometimes hard to get a feel for what exactly is going on in different aspects of the company.

2. "Despite being in a tough market right now, DealerTrack is still holding down the fort!"

Current Employee - Tech Support in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Chicago, IL

Pros

Desirable compensation/benefit package. Great people to work with, from management all the way down. Managment is very fair and I feel that I have been treated at all times with dignity and respect. The Job is pretty easy and I can usually get assistance when I need it. MOST people are above blaming others and actually act like adults in the workplace. Fairly flexible when it comes to scheduling time off, etc.

Cons

Tech support is a stressful job, and the fact that the products are constantly having issues doesn't help much. Training was far from helpful and left me without a significant edge to perform (although they are working on this). Little, if any chance to advance within the company at this time. Products that constantly have problems make unhappy customers!

Advice to Management

When you decide to make major changes to company products and procedures, please do not put them in place overnight and tell us the next morning because we need to be informed- I could give SEVERAL examples of this. Also, stop locking dealers into a 3-year contract without an option to get out- you have lost hundreds of customers because of this. TRAIN all employees properly, and make sure you have money set aside to do this! We are the first person of contact when a dealership calls for assistance, therefore we deserve to be treated with dignity.