Dean Foods - Enjoyed my time at Dean Foods. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dean Foods

"Enjoyed my time at Dean Foods."

I worked at Dean Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of good people who care about their positions and the good of the company.

Cons

Lots of middle management. Many changes with lack of clear leadership visibility.

Advice to Management

Need to formulate true succession planning. Many people in company that are near retirement with little thought to future succession at plant level.

Other Employee Reviews for Dean Foods

1. "Pretty decent place to work."

Former Employee - General Clerk - Administration in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - General Clerk - Administration in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Dean Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast pace environment, and good country culture type of professional folk. Pay is fair with lots of incentives which enables employee participation and broadens knowledge of the business process and product.

Cons

Lots of turnover. The average length of employ is two to five years. The parking lot is gated and guarded, so you may find yourself waiting for tankards or slow traffic before getting to work and park.

Advice to Management

Vet your "go to" people to ensure they are professional, trustworthy, and fair.

2. "Dean Foods is making more changes to how the business operates than any company I have ever seen."

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Dean Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people locally and fantastic dairy brands. Divisional teams work very well together. My manager is excellent.

Cons

Corporate leadership doesn't understand the challenges faced by the field divisions, but they still make final decisions on how the divisions should operate. The company continues to make significant changes to organizational structure - at some point you have to leave it alone for a while to see if it works!

Advice to Management

Don't shut out the leaders who are working outside of the corporate location in Dallas. They have run their businesses for years and have a great deal of expertise they can offer.