Deb Shops - See the fruits of your labor delivered in positive business profit, only singular management recognition. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deb Shops

"See the fruits of your labor delivered in positive business profit, only singular management recognition."

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Deb Shops full-time

Pros

Makes you a hard worker (in high volume). Disorganized corporate functions and contacts, do not expect support, inconsistent management, low pay, mid-level demographic, territorial/inexperienced leaders, do not consistently give "six month evaluations" or raises despite handbook citation, think they can "rebrand" (rebrand is pathetic excuse for what they are trying to do, I've worked in a rebrand store and it's pathetic in comparison to what they've raved about. They only have a future because they have been around long enough for mothers to bring their daughters, prom season and homecoming season and because they do not compete with big brand demographics like H&M, Charlotte Rouse, Forever 21.

Cons

Some district managers will commend you and promise things either beyond their reach or beyond what they will (but can) actually deliver, despite the, dated, "handbook"; contact your sm and delcare your problem and it will be resolved in 7 days and then contact your district manager or corporate. Doesn't happen. Obvious favoritism.Great experience in 'run your own business' - great for a first time manager. It seems like they promote quickly. I knew a store manager who went from associate to store manager in a year before asked to leave. Don't think it will be good resume padding - it isn't. If you are a store manager (don't come here) or become one through this company, don't expect to be prepared to an ACTUAL store based on your experience - most definitely through the experience you gained here. ATPs rose while nothing else did - unfair hour/store allocation.

Advice to Management

Know who you are working for and actually respond to your talent campaign - don't play safe and don't play favorites. I know some (within the company!) who could do what I do or more. If you can't make it happen, and know how quantify a promotion viable to your superiors, then move on or learn how to make it happen. While people can make your business, people can most surely break it.

Other Employee Reviews for Deb Shops

"It was ok."

I have been working at Deb Shops (More than a year)

Pros

I thought the product was of great value. The store was very new so it did well.

Cons

Merchandising looks terrible. No sensors so shrink was very hard to control. No customer service training program to help with sales or LP. When I left the company I suggested that they promote one associate and they promoted another (in which later was fired). This made me feel like my opinion was not valued, especially since I know one's strengths and opportunities...

Advice to Management

Raise your standards!

2. "Cool people, nice discount"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Deb Shops part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-coworkers
    -discount
    -get to do a lot of merchandising

Cons

-low pay
    -expected to do everything a manager does as an associate
    -have to be on top of customers 24.7 which makes you seem obnoxious