Debenhams - The People Make it Good. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Debenhams

"The People Make it Good."

Current Employee - Food Services Adviser in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)
Current Employee - Food Services Adviser in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Debenhams part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible with hours, give great feedback, great incentives to get accounts/make sales/get good customer feedback, your own line manager is usually fantastic, keep up with how other branches are doing and clear targets, pay is better than minimum. Great people to work with. Banter.

Cons

Some other people in different departments didn't really have the same experience... Working over Christmas is so so tiring and merciless.

Advice to Management

Make sure that your employees are not afraid of their supervisors - my department was great but I know a few people who went home in tears or just quit in a rage because of department politics. Need to pay more attention to how people are working together (my department handled this amazingly).

Other Employee Reviews for Debenhams

1. "Experience at Debenhams"

Former Contractor - Sales Adviser
    Former Contractor - Sales Adviser

I worked at Debenhams as a contractor

Pros

Debenhams is a very well known retail shop and is lovely to work there. The staff are lovely and it's great helping the customers

Cons

I am not always 100% sure of everything when a customer ask so I have to ask another staff memeber for help. Before I was 18, I could not access accounts or let people pay off their accounts.

2. "Poor from the first day."

Former Employee - Food Services Adviser in Guildford, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Food Services Adviser in Guildford, England (UK)

I worked at Debenhams part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Met some very nice people and made some very good friends there. Most of the customers were generally pleasant enough.

Cons

Where to start? Almost always short-staffed, particuarly on busy days. Rarely had sufficient amounts of key items of stock. Almost no training given. Communication amongst management virtually non-existant.