Deccan International - no direction, stay away | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deccan International

"no direction, stay away"

Pros

great clients with a worthy cause, interesting programs that have the ability to make a difference, dedication to firefighters and EMS community.

Cons

poor leadership, poor training, lack of direction and/or experience from leadership, no review of quality of work, poor benefits and lots of employee turn-over (not too many have been with the company for more than a few years).

Advice to Management

invest in more staff (not enough people, but more than enough work to go around), look into better benefits for your employees (paid health, family health program, retirement program...).

Other Employee Reviews for Deccan International

"A True and Honest Review After 1 Year of Employment"

Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Deccan International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Over the past few years, Deccan International has received a bad rap on Glass Door. This review is an honest evaluation. I'm not in management and I was not asked to write this review.

Deccan is a great place to work. They have a great suite of products, a good management team and GREAT employees. The software that they write is versatile enough that small agencies as well as large agencies can benefit. I worked for Deccan for just over one year and I can honestly say that I have enjoyed each and every day. Deccan offers flexible working hours and good.

Management has said several times that they have an open door policy and this is the first company that I have worked for where that is 100% true. From the President & CEO down to supervisors, they are willing to talk to employees anytime. Management encourages a balance between work and life balance and encourage people to take time off (this is something that I have never seen before) to maintain a good balance.

I can honestly say that I truly enjoyed my time at Deccan and recommend this company to anyone that is looking for an employer that will be fair, honest and have your best interest in mind.

Cons

I can only think of two things in the Cons section. Currently the company doesn’t offer a 401(k) and the company doesn’t cover the cost of dependents for the medical benefit. Both of these issues have been raised to management’s attention and they have advised everyone at one of the quarterly “All Hands Meeting” that they are currently looking into both issues to get the best options.

Advice to Management

Continue to follow through on promises made to employees. Maintain the Work / Life Balance that you have currently have. Your Vice President of Operations has done a great job and has made great strides to improve the operation of the company – don’t let him get away! Keep encouraging employees. Many say that they don’t need encouragement; however, it’s nice to hear praise. I’m proud to have worked for Deccan, proud of what they have accomplished and proud of what I have accomplished while there. You have built a great company with great software – keep up the good work.

"Seriously difficult working environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Deccan International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Fire and EMS departments is rewarding. Deccan's clients are friendly and great to interact with. Company's businesses location is convenient and easy to get to.

Cons

Management is difficult to work with. They use intimidation tactics and employees are told that can be replaced. Upper management does not share policies with employees. CEO hires family members who do not seem qualified to run operations. No retirement packages are offered (401k) which may be because upper management expects a lot of turn over (which is the norm). Upper management seems more concerned with how much money they are making and does not really value employees.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Share company policies and stick to them. Provide better benefits.

Deccan International Response

Dec 7, 2015 – Vice President of Operations

Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to share your input. I take input from our current employees very seriously. The issues you bring up in this post are things that we have been working ... More