Decision Toolbox - Upper Management (Pres, CEO & VPs) are great! Middle management "sorority and mean girls club". | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Decision Toolbox

"Upper Management (Pres, CEO & VPs) are great! Middle management "sorority and mean girls club"."

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

Pros

Worklife Balance/Virtual
Excellent Proprietary/Internal ATS system
Opportunity to work with large organizations
Support of coworkers

Cons

Poor compensation structure; poor middle management; high recruiter turnover rate; no room for growth

Advice to Management

Equality in pay

Manage to see why everyone is leaving. Our team has lost several Jeremy Lin's in a month.

Other Employee Reviews for Decision Toolbox

"Working at Decision Toolbox is like no other."

Pros

I've worked in Human Resources for several years. I've worked at the office and also virtually. For me, being able to work virtually is a huge benefit. It allows me to be involved in my children's lives, especially at school events. However I am also held accountable and have the flexibility to make up that time when it's best for me.

I use to work virtually for another company and felt very alone. There was practically NO support and very few resources were provided. I remembered thinking, if I just had access to "xyz" this would save so much time. At Decision Toolbox I make a request for a resource and often within that same day I have it. It is SUCH a breath of fresh air. Having the resources has allowed me to do my job to the best of my ability and decrease the amount of time taken on a given project. I felt very hindered before whereas now I have a toolbox of resources to use (no pun intended :).

Another great aspect of working here are the wonderful people I work with. They are seasoned recruiters. We bounce ideas off of one another. There are people I can learn from. And most importantly, I am not alone. Leadership always encourages us to reach out if we need anything. It's amazing to me the "team" feeling and relationships I have with my co-workers even though I may only see them once a year.

When I use to work in the office I was constantly bombarded by managers who wanted to "talk". For granted, this was part of my role working as a Human Resource Generalist. The problem is that I wanted to recruit and quite a bit of my time was being absorbed with impromptu meetings. Being able to work from home and focus on recruiting has been wonderful. Personally, it's a better fit for me.

The last best "pro" of being an employee for Decision Toolbox is that I'm given a wide variety of types of positions to work on. I can be recruiting for anything from a Design Engineer to a Software Developer to a Sales Manager. This opportunity really helps broaden my experience and expand my skills. It also makes my job more interesting and allows me to explore other industries I never had the chance to recruit for before.

Cons

As we've grown more processes have been put in place. At first I felt the culture starting to shift. However I feel like we are starting to turn back around and gain that back.

Advice to Management

Please work hard on keeping the culture the same. I understand that as we grow we need to become more defined. However the culture is one of the best things about working here and I would hate to see that lost.

"DT has been an opportunity to improve my recruitment skills, work with an amazing group of people, & have life balance."

Current Employee - Recruitment Partner

Pros

Leadership: There is a feeling of community and support, which I think is hard to discover in a virtual workforce. They have established ways to get to know your coworkers and really feel as though you are part of a group, even if you are 14 states away.

Organization: There is an infrastructure in place that allows you to stay organized, view your progress on each search, and maintain your pace and movement throughout the projects that you are managing.

Cutting - Edge: The programs we use, the tools at our fingertips, our excellent writers, and amazing sourcing team are cutting edge. I have never worked with a system or group of people that is so advanced in how they approach recruitment and the tools we are given to make our recruitment process successful...every time!

Independence: I like being able to manage my own projects, work directly with my hiring managers, and really feel like I have taken ownership of the work I am doing. There are policies in place to nudge you if you are not hitting targets, but for the most part, the ball is in your court and you are trusted based on your abilities to get the job done.

Cons

Being a smaller company that is growing, benefits are something that they are working on improving and changing. There is truly the feeling that if something is bothering you, come to us, and we will make an adjustment, which they have shown over and over through my year of employment.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!