Decker Truck Line - Terrible company to work for. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Decker Truck Line

"Terrible company to work for."

Pros

Corporate offices are nice, except the building was poorly constructed.

Cons

No raises. Corporate culture that fosters backstabbing. Can not depend on management to make informed decisions. Human Resources department operates on the premise of inflicting fear on the company employees.

Advice to Management

Since the owner has decided to take a more hands approach to the company, its obvious that those that have been chosen to take up the mantle of running the company, have no clue. Bail out while you have the chance.

Other Employee Reviews for Decker Truck Line

1. "Has good things and bad things like every company but upper management is problem here"

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver

I have been working at Decker Truck Line full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Equipment is reasonably maintenanced. Have trailer washout at most terminal and permit books are kept up to date.miles are reasonable. Dispatch was reasonable.

Cons

Upper management. Don Decker is a cheap s.o.b. driver pay is low. Not competitive. Idle Bonus are hard to get. And they don't pay detention very much.automatic trucks suck also.

Advice to Management

Either give your driver s a raise or get out of trucking. This is kind of management that is bad for industry.

"Keep looking! Illegal CONTRACT...drivers beware"

Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver
    Former Employee - OTR Truck Driver

I worked at Decker Truck Line full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have nice trucks. Really nice people that run orientation at Ft Dodge. You will eat good at orientation. I was treated with respect at orientation and that is where the pros stop.

Cons

I researched and researched companies before getting my cdl. I chose Decker because they seemed like a good fit. Wrong! They bring you in to orientation...you get your own room in a crappy hotel ( not a big issue ) and feed you like royalty everyday. On the last day of orientation they hand you a contract stating you owe them all this money back if you quit working for them before 6 months. There is no mention of this CONTRACT prior to this. Not in writing, not verbal or anything prior to them handing you this paper to sign. So, you’ve made huge sacrifices to get there only to be deceived and basically go home with no pay if you don’t sign it. This should be disclosed before coming to orientation! I question whether that is legal or not. I’m thinking seriously of letting a lawyer look this over. Pay sounds good but you will make more working a minimum wage job less hours. Please new drivers think twice. Oh I almost forget.... dispatcher was full of ..... and played games such as, “ummm i said I’d get you home this weekend?” And this is after being gone 6 weeks. Wait wait I’m not done. When i did get him I was shorted 2 days off! I ended up with 2 days off after 6 weeks. Their full of it and that’s why I don’t work for them anymore. I was not fired and had no accidents. I hope this helps a driver out in the future.

Advice to Management

Stop extorting drivers at the end of orientation into signing a CONTRACT. Fully disclose this before a driver chooses Decker. Is that legal? I’m going to find out.