Deem - Good intentions gone astray. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deem

"Good intentions gone astray."

Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Deem full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rearden has many educated, highly skilled and passionate people who want to see the company succeed. The people make the company.

Cons

There has been a fair amount of executive turnover making the path to success challenging. There have also been a few changes in corporate direction in the past couple of years again making it challenging in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Look and listen. There are great people working at Rearden who have expertise and knowledge and can help take the company to the next level.

Other Employee Reviews for Deem

"Incompetency personified"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Deem full-time

Pros

The compensation is fair. That is about all I can think of...

Cons

Where should we start? There is absolutely no room for growth. Promotions are few and far between. Unsure of the product Rearden is actually selling. It seems very Madoff-esque in its secrecy and lack of revenue. A lot of talk and no product in sight. The CEO is a nightmare. Stay away!

"Great engineers & workers ... good connections"

Current Employee - Manager in Foster City, CA

I have been working at Deem full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great people that I work with on a daily basis, very dedicated, care about what we do. team-work amongst engineers is good. The recent lay-off of about 100 people has brought more focus to our vision. Sad on both sides in that regard.

My immediate management has been great to provide some direction for me personally and truly care.

I've learned more in this job that in any other job I've had in my career and the teams that I worked with were always willing to share information with me to expand and grow my knowledge.

Processes are a bit chaotic, but those are the kinds of environments where you can learn a ton so this is a bit of a pro and a con.

Cons

priorities shift quite a bit. There are a few toxic personalities that impact productivity. There are also some folks who have control ego issues. This is probably true anywhere you work.

I've lost faith that the business can make it without another large lay-off, unless some major miracle happens.

The technology platform is hard to maintain with so much legacy code.

CEO has absolutely no credibility with anyone internally. He should turn off the operational control to someone capable of running and organization and stick to bringing in deals.

Advice to Management

CEO should just do sales and turn over operations to someone who is stable.