Delaware North - Long and overall very satisfying career with Delaware North. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delaware North

"Long and overall very satisfying career with Delaware North."

Current Employee - Manager in Titusville, FL
Current Employee - Manager in Titusville, FL

Pros

Great pride in working for KSCVC. Everyone who works here is proud to be a part of telling the NASA story and sharing the Mission. Delaware North I feel takes pride in bringing that experience to our guests/

Cons

Sometimes hours are long and support is light

Advice to Management

Trust your managers, let them do their jobs. Sometimes cutting back help is counterproductive. Allow us to use our talents and make our mistakes. It is how we learn.

Other Employee Reviews for Delaware North

1. "i love working for delaware north and the chicago bears it is very exciting and fast paced"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

one of the best reasons to work at delaware north is the atmosphere, you get to know the people you are working with and form a sports job relationship and its awesome!

Cons

if you are a sports fan it gets really hard not being able to watch the games, you hear all the excitement going on outside and when its busy you cant really step out to take all of that excitement in

Advice to Management

some of the supervisors based on performance should make more money the seat vendors make a lot more than us most of the time and i feel like we work just as hard and do not see as much of the money

"I have been used and unappreciated in these tough economic times."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

DNC is and desires to be a leader in the industry. They can provide excellent training and career advancement for those who perform on a high level. Also, the nature of the hospitality business requires constant adaptation to provide the best experience for the customer and meet the business goals set. The corporate office is responsive to the needs at the local level.

Cons

At the entry level, this is the food business and the pay is low compared to other professions. An employee can be held down by a general manager and/or area manager for different reasons. If an employee is performing multifunctions at a high level for a low salary, they may not be reccommended for advancement and/or rewarded for their efforts because they can not be replaced efficiently. An employee's loyalty and perfomance can be overlooked by their GM and used to advance their own careers. This goes beyond favoritism or personality conflicts, it simply can be what's best for the GM's bottom line. When a loyal, experienced employee has taken on numerous tasks with minimum staff , is totally consumed time-wise, and performing at a high level, opportunities can go to other managers who simply have more time, less responsibility and more support. When a GM hires a manager from the street without giving the opportunity to a high performing supervisor within, that supervisor is left feeling unappreciated and stuck in a rut.

Advice to Management

Continue to be the leader in the industry and to evaluate more completely GMs. Encourage area managers to look beyond just the GM's opinions of their direct reports and actually search for talent that can benefit the company beyond their direct report.