Delhaize - It was a great working experience | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delhaize

"It was a great working experience"

I worked at Delhaize full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Personnel Development Program and opportunities for advancement

Cons

Nothing, everything was good. Won`t change anything

Advice to Management

Good work just keep the same way

Other Employee Reviews for Delhaize

"It's a hard environment to integrate into unless you are willing to sell your soul"

Current Employee - IT Employee
    Current Employee - IT Employee

I have been working at Delhaize full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home. Stable company. ok benefits. casual dress attire.

Cons

The company has a poverty mentality. Decisions are made on how much it'll cost instead of how much value it will add to the company. You will have to fight to get the basic tools needed to perform your job.

A lot of people are stuck here. Probably due to the fact that while here you will not gain any marketable skills.

If you have any type of formal education or training, It counts for nothing here. It actually counts as a strike against you as most mid manangers here do not have degrees but yet they manage teams of educated associates. The lack of training or education amongst some of management results in insecurity, defensiveness, micro managing, lack of vison and myopic views. If you try to suggest an idea they become defensive. This company loves to recreate the wheel. You feel like a dog chasing its tail.

I will say that the new CIO is doing a great job of trying to bring the IT department into the new millennium. It will be a challenge because of the antiquated mindsets.

Lack of advancement. If may take you 10-15 yrs to get to Manager.

Advice to Management

For the IT department I would recommend Sr Managemnt reinterviewing middle management for their jobs. And assess their skillset for the area in which they manage. If they don't have the skillset make it a requirement for them to take continuing ed classes, obtain a certification or go back to school. I worked for a company once that made it a requirement that employees in IT have a degree or certifications and that department immensely. Not all require this but a great many do that have been there for many years. Those are the ones that are holding IT back because of their fear of progress. Most are so out of touch with the IT industry that it's embarrassing to be a part of the IT dept at times.

"Worst Place I've Ever Worked"

Pros

The pay is decent, and the people you work with are very nice. I think if you are out of the reach of the Category Management, it might not be so bad.

Cons

Business is run very poorly, management is full of underqualified people who know how to kiss a$$ really well. I have never been treated so poorly in my entire life by management. Truly a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with common decency, get some job training, and get a college degree! You want me to have a Master's degree, but you're a manager without any degree at all?!?