Dell - OK no more than 3% raise a yr, and declining bonus | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"OK no more than 3% raise a yr, and declining bonus"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Round Rock, TX

Pros

Secure in the Enterprise division.
Work from home is the Best program they ever invented.
customers i talk to for the most part understand the product they are calling in for support.
never had any real issues with my job

Cons

pay, if you come in its hard to get raises or promotions unless your specific manager at the time likes you. Seems like favoritism to get promoted, otherwise you get overlooked.
promotions take a long time due to the demand of your job vs. head count in your group.
you will get over looked for a job change unless your current team is not low on headcount

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Training not available for contractors"

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Round Rock, TX

Pros

There is exposure to a lot of new technology at Dell.

Cons

Communication is lacking from upper management and training is up to par for contractors.

Advice to Management

Provide better communication to employees.

2. "Not bad, but not too good"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

Pros

If you're good at sales this job is easy. Building systems for people on the phone and helping them can be very gratifying depending on your attitude.

Cons

Everyone starts in sales to get to another part of the company. That means your "manager" or team leader is just there working to not be there anymore. That means they typically hound you to get their metrics good so they can then get a promotion. This system isn't bad per se, however few people have good managements skills so in other words, you get a lot of crappy managers.
    The pay is low for a sales job even if you're a top producer. No one in inside sales home division makes over $100K. The whole reason most people are in sales is to have no ceiling and years ago Dell put the ceiling on their inside sales folks. So once again you'll have people doing just the minimum they have to. I was the top sales performer and the only thing it got me was more work...a.k.a. people sitting with me listening how I got all my sales. Sure I could have advanced, but they're culture isn't my style.

Advice to Management

Pay more to sales performers, offer unlimited uncapped commissions. But you won't.