Dell - Overall great value and environment | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"Overall great value and environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Mentorship aspect of the job was a great asset along with the opportunities to grow within the community was particularly strong.

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you're a number in the company which is so big in size, and also it takes a while to adjust with the computer side.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Extremely large, highly complex enterprise!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Pros

Challenging technical and business problem solving. Largest .NET eCommerce site in the world. Very few companies can match the scale of Dell.

Cons

Too much reliance on offshore developers. Promotion from C3 to D1 can be very political and difficult. It is much easier to be hired in as a D1.

Advice to Management

Reduce offshore development resources, and invest in fewer, but higher quality local resources. The development group needs to be close to the business in order to deliver in an agile manner.

2. "Enjoyed my time at Dell just to bad they couldn't win the following bid"

Current Employee - Software Architect IV in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Software Architect IV in Warren, MI

Pros

Extremely talented team of people I work with and Dell compensates the talent with a great salary

Cons

Separation between us and the corporate strategies/benefits. We were one of the many companies acquired by Dell. I have no doubt that things will iron out as time allows.

Advice to Management

I am unaware of Dell's O/H cost structure but it seems that with my 5 years with Dell/Current customer, Dell can't seem to win a bid if their life depended on it. Yes they have great talented people and as usual tends to cost a premium to keep them which Dell attempts to do. Unfortunately not all customers feel the same as Dell and simply awards the lowest or near lowest bidder. I guess the customer needs to learn what quality vs. quantity means.