Dell - In 2007, QSS Group Inc, merged with Perot Systems Government Services. I experience was great. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"In 2007, QSS Group Inc, merged with Perot Systems Government Services. I experience was great."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Lanham, MD
Former Employee - Project Manager in Lanham, MD

Pros

Good salary,benefits, good employees, and excellent growth potential. I was informed that (depending on the contract you were on) Perot provided their employees with free parking.

Cons

Overall, I do not have any complaints concerning QSS Group or Perot Systems. However,during the merging process, one manager that I know of should not have been employed with the company. He really did not fit into QSS Group or Perot System's standard of competence.

Advice to Management

No advice.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Excellent Professional and Personal development (career path)"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Round Rock, TX

Pros

Personal development tools and work environment.

Cons

Many organizational changes in a very short time.

Advice to Management

More 1on1 and feedback.

2. "Feeding Frenzy"

Current Employee - Development Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Development Manager in Round Rock, TX

Pros

A fast paced environment and working with some interesting technology and fairly smart people. The pay is okay, although they tout it as above average - in reality they keep taking things away and reducing them (remember employee stock purchase?).

Cons

Since joining Dell a few years ago I have become accustomed to terms like 'throat to choke' (which apparently is what the DM role is) and 'feeding frenzy' which is applied to a status meeting when the execs smell some blood, they do not try to help, instead they try to make the wound worse and expose your issue to the broader team. Sometimes it is deserved, which helps you strengthen your message, but also causes presenters to not discuss some of the issues. That generally works, since your team is smart and can overcome the problem, but sometimes it would help to have upper management support and not attacks. Maybe other environments are like this, but certainly not what I have experienced. This goes back to the cut-throat nature of employee reviews and how people make strategic moves to boost their career at the expense of others.
    The team is also wondering when the ball will drop and everything goes to China/India. I think the languishing stock price matches the company's prospects.

Advice to Management

Help, not hinder, product development. You talk a game of teamwork, but a lot of the time seems to be positioning and trying to prove you still have engineering skills.