Dell - Good benefits, nice bonus plan, good long-term strategy, constant reorgs | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"Good benefits, nice bonus plan, good long-term strategy, constant reorgs"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The vision of the future that Michael Dell has been pursuing over the last 4 years or so is very compelling, and I think right on track. Benefits are pretty good and overall corporate systems are ok.

Cons

Little is done in communications from HQ to field offices other than reorgs, which seem to be annual at this point.

Advice to Management

Stop reorganizing and sending out PR on executives to the employees. Dell sometimes seems like a career treadmill for MBAs instead of a technology company.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Bottom Line has come more important than retaining talented employees"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They provide flexible work schedules although you only get approved if you work for a division other than Services.

Cons

I am in consulting and services and they have significantly changed the way we charge for internal resources. We are required to make a 30% margin in the Services industry but there is no way we can possibly make this unless we use an all offshore model or significantly increase the amount we charge the customer, which is not possible.
    Because of this change, we have to downgrade all of our requisitions from an average level to a Jr. level which means we do not get to retain employees since they can never be promoted.

Advice to Management

Yes, the economy has not fully recovered but you have to treat your employees better and try to retain the talent you have. If you don't, you will be spending a lot more money to get things right when they could have been done right the first time and in less time.

"Intense culture with typical compensation"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dell encourages working remotely, which is great. This means you can work from home, Starbucks, wherever there is wireless.

Also, Dell encourages a healthy lifestyle. Above all this means a top-down encouragement to balance work and life, minimize stress, eat healthy, and excercise.

Cons

There is always more work than workers. This means everyone carries an above average workload which is quickly grown accustomed to and becomes the norm and in some cases expected.

Advice to Management

Increase personnel requisitions. Increase raise allotments to account for inflation.