Dell - I work with an AWESOME group. Very supportive and genuinely interested in my professional growth | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"I work with an AWESOME group. Very supportive and genuinely interested in my professional growth"

Current Employee - GD Senior Advisor in Plano, TX
Current Employee - GD Senior Advisor in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time

Pros

Great company, good pay and benefits.

Cons

Relatively new...haven't found one just yet...

Advice to Management

People first...

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Ups and Downs"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Tele-work option is great. When the business is doing well or there is a new group within sales and quotas are low, the money and bonuses can be quite good. Dell is a top company in IT and there is some pride in being able to say you work for them. Great place to build your resume and despite the cons I'll mention there are many much worse places to work.

Cons

Like any huge corporation, while hard work and talent do play a part, success is as much about who you know and timing as it is ability or desire. At the end of the day you are easily replaceable and usually by someone just as capable who will do the job for less money. HR is more a hindrance than a help. Upper mgmt makes some truly dumbfounding decisions from time to time, and if stability and dependability are important to you, you are at the wrong company. Dealing with ambiguity is the Dell motto. If sales under performs it's always the fault of the sales person or group, never that the goals were unrealistic or mgmt made a mistake or that our lead times for shipping product are ridiculously long due to some natural disaster on the other side of the planet. Nope, none of that could be it, it's that you as a salesperson didn't work hard enough.

Advice to Management

Take a queue from the EMC playbook on developing a salesforce. It's a cutthroat environment but if you can rise to the occasion you can make obscene amounts of money. Dell seems to be worried more about what it might have to pay it's salesforce than how much extra business those reps would strive to bring in if income potential wasn't so limited. With Caps on attainments and bonuses and decreased payouts at higher attainment percentages, it's no wonder any sales rep worth his salt is going to sandbag the hell out of his forecast.

2. "Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation, possibility to a good salary, and ability for Work from home

Cons

Pressure, and high sales atmosphere