Dell - Enriching | Glassdoor

"Enriching"

Former Employee - Inside Sales in George Town (Malaysia)
Former Employee - Inside Sales in George Town (Malaysia)

I worked at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work life balance, freedom to explore your fullest potential, diversity and open culture

Cons

too micro management, too result oriented, forgot that the employees are Dell's best asset
wanting to conform to the norm and thus along the way, forgot the roots of what originally made Dell a great organisation.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "it's been good."

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work environment. Relatively good at maintaining employee pro facilities.

Cons

Slow growth. Need to be in good books of the manager to get some place in your career.

2. "Great Experience but Clear Limitations"

Pros

Dell is a company willing to accept grads straight out of college into technical sales positions. For someone looking for sales/business experience, Dell is a great first job.

Cons

While Dell is a great place to gain experience, it's not a great place to gain in salary. If you are joining Dell and thinking of making a career out of it, be sure that you value days off, benefits etc over top salary in the industry. When it comes to benefits and work-life balance, Dell does very well with it's employees. Yet, when it comes to pay for performance (or relative to the market) you are usually better off looking else where.

Advice to Management

It's not uncommon for our field executives to leave Dell for similar jobs with competitors. It is often because those competitors pay one and a half or even double in salary compared to Dell. If I were running a business and continued to lose all my top talent to my competitors, I would begin to worry...