Dell - Opportunity abounds! | Glassdoor

"Opportunity abounds!"

Current Employee - Global Program Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Global Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity and autonomy if you prove yourself. Ability to learn from other really fantastic people. A great place to grow your career. Huge focus on work/life balance including specifically connected workplace over the past 3-4 years which has improved the company culture tremendously. Many strong leaders and executive team communicates a lot more than in the past. Very open and transparent (no offices - even execs!) Very open door type culture.

Cons

Poor leaders are not managed out quickly enough. A lot of change so some thrive in this environment (I personally do) while others feel lost and helpless and can't keep up. Demanding workloads however, the flexible work focus allows people to get work done when they can and in the manner they can. Some people fail in this kind of environment and need direction.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you have been doing the past 18-24 months. Don't lose sight of our transformation and keep your head in the game. Your team members trust you and faith in you!

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Account Services Manager"

Current Employee - Account Services Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Account Services Manager in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Dell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good company to work for at this time.

Cons

Salary could be better, but could be worse too.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

2. "Great Compensation, Empowered Employees, Growth Opportunities"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lebanon, TN
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lebanon, TN

I worked at Dell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Internship program and full-time compensation for engineer out of college was highly competitive. Felt there was a great amount of growth opportunity and latitude to do the right things

Cons

Working in the manufacturing end of the business proved to be short term. Dell outsourced about 18 months into full-time position, however they did take care of all of us by ensuring we had equal pay jobs available in the company that won the outsource contract

Advice to Management

Don't get too caught up in the metrics running the business. Might miss the big picture and biggest impacts.