Dell - Senior Manager Procurement | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Senior Manager Procurement"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexibility in changing functional roles from Finance, Operations, Procurement. It has some very talented individuals with high motivation and we are developing and delivering some very cool products. Huge focus on customer experience.

Cons

It is very demanding and with the global expansion, you can expect to be on calls every night and come back in to a full inbox. They restructure way too often based on each leadership change.

Advice to Management

Focus on long term growth and profitability and let the short term results be what they are. the stock price is low so not really any downside on that.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "Pays pretty well, but feels horrible"

Former Employee - Key Operator in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Key Operator in Renton, WA

Pros

The paycheck was adequate for the work performed and the hours expected were pretty much set in stone. Overtime was not a requirement. In fact, it was strictly forbidden.

Cons

It seemed to me that the major problem was bad management resulting in large problems, and then the yelling, panic, and hyper-focus on cutting costs would make everyone forget that the problem was the bad management and not the employees execution. I can't tell you how many times our job was threatened if we didn't help management cut costs that never should have been there in the first place. Constant fear of unemployment ruled.

Advice to Management

Slow down, think about processes before they become problems and shift focus from the bottom line result of bad management and focus instead on streamlining the processes from the beginning.

"Lack of Innovation and too much micro-management"

Former Employee - Small Medium Business Account Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Small Medium Business Account Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Dell is segmented into many different departments, and sometimes you get stuck with a great team and manager, and sometimes you don't. I was fortunate to have been in a good sales department when I started off, and the people around me were very supportive.

Cons

Dell is profit-driven and only cares about hitting their quarterly numbers. For such a relatively young tech company, this place is run by a bunch of middle-aged men in suits who act like their job is more important than yours. Excessively high quotas in the sales departments with few benefits or perks (no free coffee, and the cafeterias are expensive, for example).

Advice to Management

Be like Google- offer more benefits and kindness to the employee and it would make for a more friendly environment.