Dell - the was just a great experience working for dell | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"the was just a great experience working for dell"

Former Employee - Analyst Developer in City of London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Analyst Developer in City of London, England (UK)

Pros

fair employer equal opportunity and good promotions for best workers. You have lots of opportunity to travel and they encourage to take up trainings

Cons

some times we have to do the routine work that we have been doing for months. you are never free and are loaded

Advice to Management

i am not in such high position to give out advice for dell. I still have to gain lots of experience before i reach so

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

"Unsatisfactory. Dell does not value employee welfare. all they care is just themselves."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Quezon City, Quezon City (Philippines)

Pros

Great pay. Great team and working environment. Good benefits. Bonus and incentives are ok. Team mates are ok to work with

Cons

Highly political. HR person does not protect nor value employee. Management seem to have no control. HR person isnt approachable. Unprotective of its employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Dont just base judgements on hard proof or paper. Do not be too judgmental. HR person should be approachable and does not comdemn

"Friendly environment, good pay, bad management."

Pros

Overall I think the company does value its employees and treat them with respect. I can't say that it has ever been unpleasant to work here. I have met many good people and new friends.

I am also satisfied with my compensation and benefits.

Cons

Dell is in the middle of a fundamental and painful transformation which I am not confident that management can pull off. The message is that we are moving towards a solutions provider rather than cheap box pusher, but the sales people are not compensated for that model.

Many people in services are all talk with not much to back it up. Unfortunately management doesn't seem to know the difference and are impressed with the big talkers.

There is a ridiculous amount of redundancy amongst the organizations. Groups end up competing with each other internally.

I often feel like the company is over reaching rather than building on it's current strengths.

In spite of its reputation for being frugal, Dell throws away huge sums of money on half baked initiatives and redundancy.

It's baffling how a company of this size can have such poor revenue tracking.

Advice to Management

Restructure to eliminate redundancy and reduce the size of management. Concentrate on internal tracking. Evaluate people on results (revenue and margin) rather than ass kissing.

The company is managed from the top down. Managers do not solicit (and even ignore) input from their direct reports. This causes problems to go unsolved until the entire program fails.

If you want to be known as an innovator, then you need to innovate. Dell is still a "me too" product wise.

Don't try to do everything at once. Focus on a few focused initiatives, and do them really well.