Dell - Extremely proud and satisfied with my career and Dell | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dell

"Extremely proud and satisfied with my career and Dell"

Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Round Rock, TX
Current Employee - Business Systems Consultant in Round Rock, TX

Pros

The talent level of the folks I work with every day continues to amaze me. Everyone seems to "get it", I haven't met a bad apple in the bunch.

Cons

The company is very large, and thus has many competing interests and programs. As you would expect, there are politics involved and it can take a while for change to take affect.

Advice to Management

Quit trying to force your project teams to standardize on whatever the latest and greatest project management methodology flavor of the day. Allow the teams to decide for themselves how to achieve the greatest velocity.

Other Employee Reviews for Dell

1. "very good"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

challenging work, opportunities to move cross functional departments wide range of carrer options from engineering to sales marketing finance management and services.

Cons

politics, short technical career path, mid level management is not listening to junior employees and paint a pretty picture to senior management.

Advice to Management

More pay for performance, very unfair pay for current existing employees as the get paid less than new hires in the similar grade.

"unkept promises; lots of hyperbole"

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fast paced environment, wide variety of issues to resolve. independence in workflow

Cons

Salaries are WAY below market rates. impossible to determine "published" salary ranges. they treat this information like its a state secret; maybe their salary scales will get posted on wikileaks someday?!! I was strung along for more than a year with a promise to increase my rate to "midlevel" from where it was ("below scale"). Eventually "HR" said it wasn't approved. Same old Perot Systems nonsense here... this is the operation that Dell computers bought from that Ross Perot guy.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises confined to the realm of actually deliverable.