Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Experience So Far

May 3, 2021 - Advisor, Project/Program Management in Hopkinton, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- People actually care about your wellbeing - Good work/life balance (you're encouraged to take breaks, go out for a walk and such things are often financially incentivized) - Fresh perspectives are valued and they mean it when they say there are no stupid questions - There's an open-door policy and you can reach out to pretty much anyone (apply discretion for execs obviously) for a chat, resources, advice etc.

Cons

- The base pay for similar roles to mine in other top companies is around $10-15k higher - They don't offer stock options at my level which I find strange - I earn the same as team members in Texas, Georgia even though the cost of living in MA is substantially higher - The onboarding experience is inconsistent and largely depends on your manager; for instance, I have an awesome manager who's big on camaraderie and she made sure new hires got sweatshirts, helpful books, dell branded stuff etc. which makes you excited to get started. That is not always the case if your manager isn't intentional about a budget to have such things sent to new team members.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Place to Work

Jun 18, 2021 - Proposal Manager in Round Rock, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ethical, Remote, Customer focused, great teamwork

Cons

very large, no pension plan,

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company as a whole but be in Charge of Your Career

Jun 8, 2021 - Software Engineer II in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and benefits are on point. I feel valued and feel that what I do is important. There are so many ways that they invest in their people; Parental leave for both mom and dad, Tuition assistance, 3 weeks vacation starting out, certification can be reimbursed, and there has been a big push to help with career advancement. There are many incentives and opportunities for continued education and self growth.

Cons

It takes more than good performance to get promoted. Be ready to change roles and move around the company to advance your career. Work-life balance is talked about and pushed but early morning meetings, late-night meetings, and working on the weekend still happen.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Dell Technologies.