Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care - Don't take the job. | Glassdoor

"Don't take the job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Easton, MD

Pros

More Holidays than most companies and most people who work here are very nice but under appreciated.

Cons

Expected to work lots of hours for little reward. Small company with large amount of politics.

Advice to Management

Create a culture of mission, vision and values - provide employees with more information on how their jobs/position make the company suceed. Stop the 'in fighting' between departments.

Other Employee Reviews for Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care

1. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Easton, MD
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Easton, MD

I have been working at Delmarva Foundation for Medical Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been an employee in the Quality Health Strategies organization for the past 6 years. I sincerely enjoy working for this company. As an employee here I feel that my work is valuable to healthcare and that my accomplishments are appreciated. I can say that our benefits here are awesome. I have been able to obtain both my Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Nursing while utilizing the tuition benefit for credit courses. I also was able to obtain my Certified Professional Coder certification utilizing the tuition benefit for non-credit courses. The company listens to the employees and tries to promote a positive atmosphere. They understand how staff requires a balance between work and family by offering flexibility in scheduling and have telecommuting available. After working here for 6 years I feel that I come to work every day to be with my other family, not just people I work beside.

Cons

Contract work can make job security an issue. However they are great at hiring from within company for other contracts.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open minded with employee suggestions.

2. "Former Employee"

Pros

Work/life balance allowed for telecommuting and flexibility in work schedules.

Cons

Loss many state and federal contracts resulting in massive layoffs, sever turnover rates in the organizations and poor leadership.

Organization became very unprofessional and layoffs required many employees to do the jobs of 3 full-time workers.

Advice to Management

Always be mindful that every organization becomes successful by the employees who work diligently in their professions. Laying off hardworking individuals to keep "favorites" is unethical and "burning out" your employees only degrades the work. Having better leadership is a necessity for businesses aspiring to be in the forefront. I recommend stopping, restarting and rethinking a new strategy to better improvements and leaderships.