Deloitte - Great work culture, good salary | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great work culture, good salary"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
Former Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

Pros

1. Work culture
2. People
3. Salary and benefits

Cons

1. Too large - feeling of getting lost at times -- difficult to rise above the rest
2. Knowing a partners (or a few) is a shortcut to rising up ---> you need to be a good marketeer of yourself, as well as good at work to succeed.

Advice to Management

Recognize your star performers primarily by their work, not by their networking skills

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Great internship - Thinking about heading back."

Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar in New York, NY

Pros

- Work Environment: Fun, dynamic place to work with a large number of young exciting professionals.
    - People: As I said before, other employees were great and easy to relate to. Everyone works hard but likes to have fun.
    - Schedule: I liked the consulting schedule. I was just an intern so I didn't get to fully live the consultant lifestyle but it looked great. Travel, work hard, reap benefits.

Cons

- Business: It's a business firm, not a technology firm. Lots of the tech knowledge I learned at Engineering school goes out the window and its a much higher view on technology. Definitely no coding ( which in my mind is a Pro) or technical terms but it's beneficial to know requirements, limitations, etc..
    - Corporate: It's a big company. Hard to get things you need to get your job done. Processes and procedures take a while, but hey, that's what you get with big companies.
    - Perfectionists: I saw managers complain about words not aligned correctly on a PowerPoint slide. Literally, PIXELS were off and they were not pleased. To give them the benefit of the doubt they would be selling million dollar projects, but it's annoying that you spend most your time formatting slides rather than creatively deciding what should be included in presentations.

Advice to Management

I was just there for the summer but the thing that bothered me is that there wasn't much communication between the Senior Manager and the consultants about the selling. Managers would go try to sell for more work but no one would have an idea until they realized they needed to work on something else. Managers, people under you like to have an idea what's going on, so let them know. This may of been a specific instance but it's the main thing I saw.

"They smile in your face...all the time, wanna take your place...the backstabbers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

- Great technology; during initial hiring of employees, they really have their stuff together; but that quickly goes away

- No expense spared in the remodel of the Dallas offices. Nice looking joint. Too bad the people don't match it.

Cons

If you thrive in a back-stabbing, gossipy, gee-I-must-be-back-in-junior-high culture, then this is the place for you. Your coworkers will pretend to like you and support you, but? Not so much when push comes to shove.

It was one of those things where my peers would always be saying nasty things about whoever wasn't in the room at the time...so I can only guess what happened when I left the room.

People, grow up. Seriously. You're insecure idiots.

My immediate manager had no people skills, whatsoever. Painful to be managed by someone so incompetent. I think the first clue should have been that I wasn't given a team interview; perhaps the first time that's ever happened with me. Maybe I should have read the signs and stayed far, far away.

This has been pointed out in other reviews; they'll lay off people and departments at the drop of a hat. No long-term planning by the company. You're just a cog in the machine, and cogs are disposable.

Advice to Management

I would if I thought someone was listening. Unfortunately, their heads are stuffed too far up the backsides of their bosses for them to hear or see anything going on. Enjoy the view, guys.