Deloitte - Good while there, but I do not trust them | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Good while there, but I do not trust them"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Can work with some very intelligent people
Many opportunities to learn and grow
Excellent benefits package

Cons

A lot of emphasis on business development
Not much quality time with senior leadership
Be careful what you let them know; they will use whatever they can against you. I felt that I could trust them and was honest with them and ended up being let go, so always remember that they are just a business, not a family.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Wonderful company, great training, many opportunities to support office development--but the daily work is unsatisfying."

Former Employee - Summer Associate, Human Capital in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Summer Associate, Human Capital in Washington, DC

Pros

Great Training, really genuine and supportive people, there are great ways to get involved with groups you care about--i.e, Proposal writing, research for new industry areas, volunteer activities, and more. The firms has so many resources that everything you want is right there--and they are always giving away gifts!

Cons

It can be difficult to serve government clients, and I was often working on deliverables that amounted to "to-do" lists for our project or re-compilation of work we had already completed.

Advice to Management

The leadership could establish a process for pushing back on clients who are not seriously committed to the work being done, and force client leadership to put strong leaders in place at the project level to support the work that is going on.

"Deloitte provides freedom to build professional eminence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Deloitte offers opportunities to grow professionally, work with some of the best in the profession. Vast experience working on high tech projects delivering excellent client projects.

Cons

Usually client work is away from home office, a lot of travel and staying at client cities can adversally impact family life.

Advice to Management

Deloitte strongly believes in building its practtioners. Project related reports could be better streamlined so that practitioner's core delivery capabilities are considered.