Deloitte - Competitive, provides multiple opportunities to grow | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Competitive, provides multiple opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cutting edge technology, top tier consulting, get to work with best talent in the industry, challenging projects

Cons

missing work-life balance in most of the technology projects. Understands tough economic environment, but we need to advise clients on slow down when budgets are constraints.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Quick review of Deloitte experience"

Current Employee - ERS Manager in Wilton, CT
    Current Employee - ERS Manager in Wilton, CT

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits ... vacation, medical/health, paternity. Great opportunities ... work with top banking clients. Great partners ... flexible, willing to help achieve work/life balance.

Cons

Can get some pretty tough assignments without much say as to whether you want to be a part of that team.

"A Good Place to Launch"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible exposure to a wide range of accounting issues and the biggest clients in the industry. Guidance and teaching from some of the best professionals in public accounting. A friendly and collaborative culture. Satisfies requirements for CPA licensing.

Cons

Very high workload and, depending on the group within the firm, there can be intense pressure during busy season. Personal commitments and relationships will probablly suffer during at least the first few years working here.

Advice to Management

We desperately need reverse evalutations, Staff are frequently at the whim of seniors who deliberately make things difficult and don't teach.

A major conflict has emerged between leadership and engagement managers regarding billed hours. Leadership wants to see our billed hours increasing, however most of the engagements in my group are "fixed fee". This means that our direct managers are constantly trying to keep our billed hours down to keep the engagement profitable. In practicality this has to come to mean getting regularly yelled at by both sides. From my perspective I am working in a broken system.