Deloitte - You could get a lot out of a Deloitte Federal, but it's not likely | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"You could get a lot out of a Deloitte Federal, but it's not likely"

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Educational and Training resources are without parallel
There is flexibility in the types of projects - if you're proactive, have great timing, know the right people, and are in the right market segment.

Cons

Salary - New compensation model will erode base salaries and allow partners to "flex compensation" (their words, not mine) in lean times.
Experience hires are underpaid, and if you start low, you will ALWAYS be low compared to peers.
Best and brightest leave before they hit management - lack of true vision at upper levels means there is often little to anything left to learn from the Partners who stick it out.
Partners and "the firm" have high demands for Managers / Senior Managers; staff level, especially "Gen Y" level see this and have no desire to give up all free time for marginal raises.
Partners and SMs will make significant promises they can't keep and then forget them - you must get everything in writing as proof.

Advice to Management

First - if you are a Public Policy wonk or interested in focusing on federal policy or strategy work, this is not the firm for you. I've seen too many young consultants join the federal practice because they want to make or shape public policy. Deloitte may have this work, but I've never seen it. Recruiting needs to be honest with new hires about this - Deloitte Federal does operations and operational strategy, not public policy.
Second, in my experience, Partners and Directors have little interest in delivery. All focus is on sales and performance metrics. In multiple cases, I have seen partners prefer to play clean-up with clients after incapable Managers/Senior Managers have screwed up, rather than be proactive since it was a time and materials contract. Instead of solely giving lip service to the importance of client delivery, Partners should budget time for actual delivery review and client meetings, prior to the creation of final deliverables.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Okay"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to change careers / positions when within Deloitte

Cons

Partnership structure makes change extremely difficult / slow

"Best professional services firm in the world"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Puts clients and people first, values cultures, focuses on respect

Cons

No cons. I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing